A foreigner needs a permit to work
Residents of other countries can come to Ukraine to work.
For this, a number of conditions must be met.
First of all, you need a permit to work on the territory of the country.
Your employer does not need to contact the employment center on the territory of Ukraine and submit a package of documents for you to obtain a work permit.
Before you go to Ukraine to work, you should make sure that you are allowed to enter and have a work visa.
Which jobs do not require a special work permit?
A foreigner’s work permit or work permit is not needed:
- foreign citizens with a permanent residence permit in Ukraine;
- foreign citizens who have received refugee status on the territory of Ukraine;
- foreign citizens who have received the status of a person requiring additional protection on the territory of Ukraine;
- foreign citizens who have received the status of a stateless person;
- representatives of the foreign sea fleet serving such companies on the territory of Ukraine;
- representatives of foreign airlines serving such companies on the territory of Ukraine;
- employees of foreign media accredited to work in Ukraine;
- athletes who have received professional status;
- artists and art workers to work in Ukraine in their specialty;
- employees of emergency services for urgent work;
- employees of foreign missions registered on the territory of Ukraine;
- clergymen who are foreigners and temporarily stay in Ukraine at the invitation of religious organizations to carry out canonical activities;
- foreign citizens who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects;
- foreigners who arrived in Ukraine to carry out teaching or research activities in higher education institutions at their invitation.
The procedure for obtaining a work permit in Ukraine
In the case, that your work is not related to any of these areas that do not require paperwork, you will need a work permit in Ukraine.
To obtain a work permit, the director of the company in which you will work must contact the Employment Center to get a job.
This permit is issued for a period of 6 months to 3 years.
It depends on the period specified in the application for its receipt.
The average time for obtaining a work permit is 3 weeks from the date of application.
The result is officially reported to the employer, indicating whether the application has been approved or denied.
In case of refusal, the document will indicate the reasons that need to be eliminated and re-apply.
In case of successful consideration of the application, you must pay the state fee within 10 days.
Also, after obtaining a work permit, it is necessary to submit an employment contract to the Employment Center between the company and the employee.
If this is not done, the work permit will be canceled.
The legality of a foreign employee in Ukraine
To stay legally on the territory of Ukraine, a foreign citizen can obtain a residence permit.
To do this, he will need a visa, category D for the purpose of “Employment”.
This rule does not apply to citizens of Russia, Belarus, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Uzbekistan, who can obtain a work permit and apply for a residence permit for work without a visa.
ONESTEP Consulting provides consulting services on immigration to Ukraine and also helps to collect and execute a package of documents for a work permit
By contacting us, you will receive quality services.
Subscribe to updates, there are many interesting things ahead.