Thousands of citizens from Belarus have arrived in Ukraine since August 2020
Previously, there was a 90/180 visa-free regime between Ukraine and Belarus.
This means that each Belarusian could stay for up to 90 calendar days for a period of 180 days.
Last year, this rule changed for citizens of Belarus in Ukraine.
Now Belarusians can stay for 180 days out of 360.
This makes it possible for the citizens of Belarus to get more time to complete documents, move a family, find a job, rent an apartment or a house for rent.
How to get a residence permit for Belarusians?
A residence permit in Ukraine can be obtained by citizens of Belarus if there is a basis for processing documents.
The basis for obtaining a residence permit in Ukraine can be:
- work in a Ukrainian company;
- opening a company and working in it;
- marriage with a citizen of Ukraine;
- participation in volunteer programs;
- studying in the universities of Ukraine;
- family reunification with citizens of Belarus who have received a temporary residence permit in Ukraine.
Having a reason for obtaining a residence permit, you must contact the Migration Service no later than 15 working days before the end of the legal period of stay in Ukraine.
Documents for obtaining a residence permit for Belarusians
To obtain a residence permit in Ukraine, citizens of Belarus need the following documents:
- health insurance policy in Ukraine for the duration of the residence permit;
- foreign passport of a citizen of Belarus, valid until expiration of at least 1 year;
- translation of a passport document into Ukrainian with notarization;
- documents confirming the existence of grounds for obtaining a residence permit in Ukraine.
Documents confirming the basis for a residence permit may be:
- work permit in Ukraine;
- Marriage certificate;
- a statement from the head of a public organization that you are a member of a volunteer organization;
- order of the rector on enrollment as a student.
When submitting documents, you will be photographed for a residence permit and an electronic sample of your fingerprints will be taken.
Term for obtaining a residence permit for Belarusians
The term for consideration of documents after applying for a residence permit is only 22-24 calendar days.
After the extension of the visa-free regime for citizens of Belarus in Ukraine to 180 days, the Belarusians received a sufficient amount of time, but at the same time they received certain difficulties.
Belarusians can apply for a residence permit in Ukraine no later than 15 working days before the end of their stay.
And this is the 158th day of stay in Ukraine.
Often, citizens of Belarus in Ukraine believe that they have 180 days to submit their documents.
And they miss 158 days. This is the point of no return.
They can stay for almost a month in the country legally, but they no longer have the opportunity to apply for a residence permit in Ukraine.
After 180 days of stay in Ukraine, citizens of Belarus must leave the country for at least 180 days.
The cost of obtaining a residence permit for Belarusians
When applying for a temporary residence permit in Ukraine, Belarusians must pay a state fee.
With all service fees, the state fee is UAH 2509.
ONESTEP Consulting is a reliable assistant in immigration abroad and obtaining a residence permit.
Subscribe to updates, there are many interesting things ahead.