The purpose of studying abroad in Ukraine: preservation of health, prevention and treatment of human diseases. To apply the acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to solve the typical tasks of a doctor’s activity in the field of healthcare in an appropriate position, the scope of which is provided for by specific lists of syndromes and symptoms of diseases, physiological conditions and somatic diseases requiring special tactics of managing patients, emergency conditions, laboratory and instrumental studies medical research.
The main focus of the educational program for foreign students who came to study abroad is aimed at increasing the competitiveness of specialists in the field of medicine, which will contribute to the spread of innovations in the educational and labor sectors, ensuring the activation of human capital in the direction of obtaining professional knowledge and their practical application.
After studying abroad in the field of medicine, specialists are able to carry out a diagnostic process, identify leading symptoms and syndromes, determine a preliminary diagnosis, conduct differential diagnosis, formulate a final clinical diagnosis of diseases under the supervision of a medical doctor, know the principles of treatment and prevention of diseases, and conduct treatment of underlying diseases by making an informed decision on existing algorithms.
Use modern diagnostic, medical and other devices, objects and devices for professional activities.
The transformation of the healthcare system is fundamentally changing the approach to both assessing the needs of various medical institutions or regions for health workers, and to creating powerful incentives for the development of the doctors’ labor market.
In primary care institutions, changes have begun that will increase the efficiency of identifying the need for doctors of a particular specialization in specific settlements and medical facilities.
After graduating abroad in Ukraine under the educational program “Medicine”, foreign students receive the degree of:
- Bachelor of Medicine;
- Master of Medicine;
- Professional qualification – doctor.
After passing training abroad in Ukraine, industry specialists are capable of implementing such professional duties:
- To solve typical and complex specialized tasks and practical problems in professional activities in the field of healthcare, which includes research and innovation;
- Surveys and clinical examination of the patient;
- Determination of the necessary list of laboratory and instrumental studies and evaluation of their results;
- Establishment of a preliminary and clinical diagnosis of the disease;
- Determination of the necessary mode of work and rest in the treatment of diseases;
- Determining the nature of nutrition in the treatment of diseases;
- Determining the principles and nature of the treatment of diseases;
- Diagnosis of emergency conditions;
- Determination of emergency medical care tactics;
- Emergency medical assistance;
- Conducting medical and evacuation measures;
- Performing medical manipulations;
- Conducting sanitary-hygienic and preventive measures;
- Planning and implementation of preventive and anti-epidemic measures for infectious diseases;
- Definition of tactics of conducting the persons subject to dispensary observation;
- Determination of the tactics of physiological pregnancy, physiological birth and the postpartum period;
- Advice on family planning and the selection of a method of contraception;
- Conducting examination of disability;
- Maintaining medical records;
- Conducting an analysis of the activities of a doctor, unit, healthcare institution, conducting measures to ensure the quality of medical care and increasing the efficiency of use of medical resources;
- Using information and communication technologies in the professional field;
- Collecting data on patient complaints, medical history, medical history, in the setting of a healthcare institution, its unit, or at the patient’s home;
- Assessing the psychomotor and physical development of the child;
- Examining the state of the cardiovascular system: review and palpation of the heart and superficial vessels, determination of the percussion borders of the heart and blood vessels, auscultation of the heart and blood vessels;
- Examining the state of the respiratory system: a review of the chest and upper respiratory tract, palpation of the chest, percussion and auscultation of the lungs;
- Examining the condition of the abdominal organs: examination of the abdomen, palpation and percussion of the intestine, stomach, liver, spleen, palpation of the pancreas, kidneys, pelvic organs, digital examination of the rectum;
- Examining the condition of the musculoskeletal system;
- Examining the state of the nervous system;
- Examining the condition of the genitourinary system;
- Assessing the state of fetal development according to the calculation of the fetal mass and auscultation of his heartbeat;
- Evaluating information regarding the diagnosis in a healthcare institution, its unit, using the standard procedure, using knowledge about a person, his organs and systems, based on the results of laboratory and instrumental studies;
- Carrying out differential diagnosis of diseases by making an informed decision, according to a specific algorithm, using the most probable or syndromic diagnosis, data from a laboratory and instrumental examination of the patient, knowledge about the person, his organs and systems;
- Establishing a preliminary clinical diagnosis by making an informed decision and logical analysis, using the most probable or syndromic diagnosis, data from a laboratory and instrumental examination of the patient, differential diagnosis findings, knowledge about a person, his organs and systems;
- Determining the nature of the treatment of the disease, in a healthcare institution, at the patient’s home and at the stages of medical evacuation on the basis of a preliminary clinical diagnosis;
- Organizing the conduct of treatment and evacuation measures among the population and military personnel, in emergency situations, in the field, with the expanded stages of medicalevacuation, taking into account the existing system of medical evacuation support;
- Assessing the general condition of the pregnant woman, the woman in childbirth and the woman in childbirth;
- Determining the gestational age;
- Determining the estimated date of birth and fetal weight;
- Identifying and evaluating the size of the female pelvis
- Identify and evaluate the topography of the fetus in the uterus;
- Determining pregnancy management tactics;
- Identifying and evaluating the condition of the fetus during pregnancy;
- Defining labor management tactics;
- Assessing the general condition of the newborn;
- Assessing the condition of the placenta;
- Determining the state of uterine involution;
- Prescribing rational feeding to pregnant women, children of the first year of life and developmental delay, premature babies;
- Assessing the status of losers and lactation
- Implementing a system of anti-epidemic and preventive measures;
- Maintaining medical documentation on the contingent of the population: an outpatient / inpatient card, medical history, individual pregnancy management card, exchange card, birth history, health resort card, disability certificate, documentation for MSEC and the like;
- Identifying risk factors for the occurrence and course of diseases;
- Forming population risk groups;
- Conducting quality control of medical services on the basis of statistical data, expert assessment and data from sociological studies using indicators of the structure, process and results of activities;
- Organizing the work of medical personnel in a team.
Foreign students who come to study abroad in Ukraine, after completing the full course, can occupy the following positions:
- General doctor,
- Family doctor.