Pharmacy, industrial pharmacySpecialty
The purpose of studying abroad in Ukraine: to train specialists who have received education abroad, who have deep knowledge, as well as basic and professional competencies in the field of pharmacy and industrial pharmacy.
The main focus of the educational program for foreign students who come to study abroad is based on the formation and development of professional competencies in the pharmaceutical industry.
Specialists, after studying abroad in the field of medicine in the field of pharmacy and industrial pharmacy, are able to apply the acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to solve the typical tasks of a specialist in an appropriate position in the pharmaceutical industry, including technologies for the production of medicines and active pharmaceutical ingredients, pharmaceutical development of medicines funds, development of new and improvement of existing technologies, quality control of raw materials, intermediates and paternal drugs, as well as regulation of the provision of drugs, counseling, provision of information on drugs and monitoring of side effects.
After graduating abroad in Ukraine under the educational program “Pharmacy”, foreign students receive the degree of:
- Junior Bachelor of Pharmacy;
- Master of Pharmacy.
After passing training abroad in Ukraine, industry specialists are capable of implementing such professional duties:
- Solving typical and complex specialized tasks and practical problems in professional pharmaceutical activities using the provisions, theories and methods of fundamental, chemical, technological, biomedical and socio-economic sciences;
- Using knowledge of regulatory legal, legislative acts and recommendations of good pharmaceutical practices in professional activities;
- Carrying out activities for the development and execution of documentation on a clear definition of technological processes for the manufacture and production of medicines;
- Organizing the production activities of pharmacies in the manufacture of medicines in various dosage forms according to the prescriptions of doctors, including the justification of the technology and the choice of auxiliary materials in accordance with the rules of good pharmacy practice (GPP)
- Organizing and participating in the production of medicines in the conditions of pharmaceutical enterprises, including the selection of the technological process with the justification of the technological process and the selection of appropriate equipment in accordance with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP);
- Organizing and carrying out of the procurement of medicinal plant materials taking into account the rational use of medicinal plant resources, predict and justify ways to solve the problem of preserving and protecting the thickets of wild medicinal plants in accordance with the rules of good practice for the cultivation and collection of plant-based raw materials (GACP)
- Organizing the operation of a reporting and accounting system in pharmacies, carrying out merchandising analysis, administrative paperwork, documentation and quality management in accordance with regulatory legal acts; Analyzing and forecasting the main economic indicators of the activities of pharmacy institutions, to carry out calculations of the main taxes and fees, to set prices for medicines and medical devices;
- Developing, implementing and applying management approaches in the professional activities of pharmacy, wholesale and intermediary, manufacturing enterprises and other pharmaceutical organizations in accordance with the principles of good practice in pharmaceutical education;
- Organizing, providing and conducting analysis of medicines and herbal raw materials in pharmacy institutions and control and analytical laboratories of pharmaceutical enterprises in accordance with the requirements of the State Pharmacopoeia and other regulatory legal acts;
- Defining methods of sampling for drug control in accordance with current requirements and carry out their certification, prevent the spread of counterfeit drugs;
- Carrying out the development of quality control methods for medicines, pharmaceutical substances, medicinal plant materials and excipients using physical, physico-chemical and chemical control methods;
- Determining drugs and their metabolites in biological fluids and body tissues, conduct chemical toxicological studies to diagnose acute poisoning, drug and alcohol intoxication;
- Ensuring the rational use of prescription and OTC drugs in accordance with physicochemical, pharmacological characteristics, biochemical, pathophysiological characteristics of a particular disease and pharmacotherapeutic regimens for its treatment;
- Providing medical assistance to patients and victims in extreme situations;
- Providing counseling and pharmaceutical custody when choosing and dispensing an over-the-counter drug by assessing the risk / benefit ratio, compatibility, indications and contraindications based on the health status of a particular patient, taking into account the biopharmaceutical, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and physico-chemical characteristics of the drug
- Developing and executing technical documentation for the production of drugs in pharmacies and pharmaceutical enterprises;
- Choosing rational technology, producing medicines in various dosage forms according to prescriptions of doctors and orders of medical institutions, arrange them for vacation;
- Carrying out all types of quality control of medicines; issuing quality certificates, taking into account the results of the control;
- Selecingt biological objects of analysis, determining xenobiotics and their metabolites in biological media and evaluating the results obtained, taking into account the distribution of toxins in the body
- Determining the influence of environmental factors: moisture, temperature, light, etc. the stability of medicines and medical devices;
- Determining the advantages and disadvantages of drugs of various pharmacological groups, taking into account their biopharmaceutical, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic characteristics;
- Conducting health education in professional activities when outbreaks of infectious diseases occur.
Foreign students who came to study abroad in Ukraine, after completing the full course, can occupy the following positions:
- Clinical pharmacist;
- Pharmacist Analyst;
- Toxicologist pharmacist;
- Homeopath pharmacist.
After completing studies abroad in Ukraine, a specialist can work on:
- Research institutes;
- Clinical Healthcare Facilities;
- Higher education institutions.